ARA STATION as the slogan in Yoruba language implies “WONDER STATION” has recorded giant strides within the Eight (8) years of its operation by winning laurels from many reputable organizations within and outside the state. The awards won so far include the followings,
1 Merit award as most educative and entertainment Yoruba programme of the year for year 2012 awarded to OJUTOLE (a Yoruba news highlight) by Anointed Kids Nursery & Primary School, Osogbo.
2 Award of ‘Excellence as Radio station of the year in recognition of outstanding performance towards the development of good music in the society for the year 2013 by Sola Testimony Music Inc.
- Akinkanju among FM stations presented to OJUTOLE (a Yoruba news highlight) for the year 2013 by Jesus is the way Gospel church, Ilesa.
- A merit award as Best radio of the year, presented by National Association of Ibokun Students.
- Award of Best radio station in Southwest by the Federal Polytechnic Ede Students’ Union for the year 2013.
- The Best Radio Station of the year 2013 on Radio Entertainment award by god father multimedia concept.
- Compliment from FRSC, Ipetu, Ijesa, Unit command.
Uniq 103.1fm currently has seven departments, namely the corporate affairs, Human Resources, News and Current Affairs, Marketing, Programmes Engineering and Finance Departments.
These departments are being managed by competent and seasoned personnel. The station has 32 members of staff 29 freelancers and 15 Sales representatives spread across the coverage states.
The Television wing of the Station is currently on test transmission and will very soon be on Air not only on terrestrial but also on cable network. The two stations are located at Ilesa/ Akure expressway beside FRSC office, Ilesa.
The Radio station has its General Manager, Otunba Jare Ayo Martins a seasoned broadcaster who had paid his dues in the broadcasting industry particularly during his days as presenter of that popular programme “ Owuro lawa on both Lagos Television LTV Lagos and Ogun State Broadcasting Corporation OGBC, Abeokuta.